Most of the aspects of our lives are affected by the thoughts and emotions that we preoccupy ourselves with. It’s therefore important that we learn to be mindful of our “inner conversation” as this will in a big way help us to identify the thought’s pattern and how these patterns may be influencing the manner in which we tackle the situations of our daily living.
Unfortunately, a good number of people have realized that most of their internal dialogue is negative and this affects how they behave. Attachment to this negative internal monologue develops stress that influences our lives.
Stress results to the circulation of some specific hormones in our body which when released irregularly are harmless. However, when these hormones are frequently released they cause serious damage to the body i.e. frequent shelling of stress hormones is associated with cardiovascular disease while the free radicals produced during this shelling causes arterial damage. We should therefore work and strive towards letting go of these bad sentiments and thinking.
Tips for Developing a Positive Attitude
1. Start by listening to all your internal dialogue and rewrite down the negative ones in a positive way. Make this a habit.
2. Communication is key towards high self-esteem. When we fail to say or speak out what we feel then this may lead to anxiety, anger, hurt or frustration and therefore we need to learn how to communicate even if it means taking a course in communication.
3. Try out basics like reading a great book or Reconnecting with old friends as this simple things in our lives are the one that give us utmost pleasure.
4. Try and help out someone as this will help us to feel joy
5. Embrace love in your life as the ability to be loved and love is a basic human trait hence establishing harmonious ways to do so is instrumental in building a positive attitude.
You should also improve in your grooming and aim at feeling natural. Before rejecting anything, learn to give it a chance as it may give you something to be happy with.
Let me know your thoughts by commenting below.
Get Inspired… Get Your FREE Copy Today!
Receive regular tips and updates about personal development starting with this free ebook today.