Develop a positive mindset
Developing a positive mindset with quotes is an excellent way to start making changes in your life from wherever you are. Even when living in a bad environment doesn’t mean living in the poorest country. It means how the people around you treat you according to their own negative perceptions of how they view society. Searching and finding answers on how to alter your mind – “to be positive” is never easy.
For most, it is difficult to switch to a positive mindset in an instant and maintain that for consecutive days or months. If you still have a dominant negative mindset you’ll have to look at it from a different perspective. I want to ask something: How would you view yourself if you had never heard some of the bad things others say or have said to you?
Do you see yourself beautiful even though they told you that you’re ugly? Do you see yourself smart when people told you that you’re an idiot?
Do you see yourself as sexy (satisfied with your body) when people told you that you’re fat or too skinny?
Anything you believe externally impacts everything internally. You’ll have negative thoughts and emotions, you’ll feel every day is a bad day, you’ll be depressed and have social anxiety, have low self-esteem, etc.
Instead of focusing on what others say to you, why don’t you start focusing on the positive within you?
Think of all the positive in you, every single day. Believe in all your positive attributes. Live every day believing in the positive in you.
Think about it, we live day to day believing stuff of all sorts, and a lot of those beliefs are not even true if you think about it. So might as well choose to believe in productive and positive things about yourself in general. This will do the exact same thing that negative beliefs has done for you–create a negative idea of who and what you are…Except this time, choosing positive beliefs will start to give shape to a more positive you.
Daily affirmations and inspiring quotes can really help to rewire your brain from negative into positive. Make a habit of reading quotes that will change your mindset. Repetition is the key for this so do it daily!
Here are some great ones to get you started:
- “Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.” – Claude T. Bissell
- “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Earl Nightingale
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Where talents and the needs of the world cross, therein lies your vocation.” – Aristotle
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you’re born and the day you discover why.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman
- “To be nobody but yourself in a world that’s doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.” – E. E. Cummings
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Life is about being and becoming, not having and getting.” – Stephanie Seabrook Hedgepath
- “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.” – William Ernest Henley
- “If not now, when? If not here, where? If not me, who?” – Steve Geiger
- “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Teddy Roosevelt
- “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
- “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
- “The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass…it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – William Shakespeare
- “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today? Today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.” – B. Olatunji
- “It is not length of life, but depth of life that matters.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Calm Your Mind
Make a habit of listening to inspiring music and images. This will gradually help you maintain a calm mind and help reduce stress and anxiety:
Acceptance is the key
Accept every single thing about you. Love everything about you even your flaws. Because when you do, nobody can use it against you.
When you start to be positive internally every day before you get up from bed, and every night before you sleep, everything will change. Being positive internally impacts everything you experience externally.
Having a positive mindset will change everything. Believe, then you’ll see.
By Gladys Batenga from Choki Art
Photo credit: Transformer18
Image already added