Do you feel happy or sad? Do you feel enthusiastic or unmotivated? It’s time to pay attention to your feelings because they have a huge influence on your life. Some people think that having negative feelings is beneficial to life, or even a required part of life, but that isn’t true.
Negativity doesn’t help you have a better life and it doesn’t have to be a constant in your life. If you’re not feeling so hot, then some things are going to have to change. Why? Let’s talk about how the way you feel directly affects everything in your life.
Physical And Mental Health
When you feel negative, various hormones in your body can go out of whack. When that happens, your immune system can suffer, your stress levels can go up, and your overall physical health can become poor. Headaches, fatigue, illness, and pain are just a few of the symptoms of feeling negative all the time.
The longer you stay in a state of negativity, the more damage you do to your body. Chronic stress affects every inch of your body, right down to the DNA strands that make up who you are. You age faster, you get sick more, and chronic illness is more likely to appear in your life.
Your mental health can also start to suffer. Cognitive issues, such as forgetfulness, confusion, poor memory, and indecisiveness can appear. And your brain can start to age before its time.
When you are feeling down, it is impossible to feel happy. You can’t feel one and the other at the same time. You can go through mood swings, where you laugh one moment and cry the next, but if you are generally don’t feel good, then that will have a dominant effect over your happiness and keep you feeling down more often than not.
Unfortunately, your happiness does not just affect your life, it affects the lives of the people around you. Your relationships start to suffer when you are chronically unhappy. Broken relationships can create more unhappiness, and a vicious cycle takes over.
And, if you are single and looking, unhappiness has a huge influence on your ability to attract someone into your life. Nobody wants to be with a partner who feels negative all the time. It is better to be single than be with someone who is unhappy all the time. In other words, you will likely stay single until you develop more positive feelings.
Lastly, the way you feel dictates how successful you are going to be in life. The way you feel affects your choices, decision making, and desire to take action on what you want.
In fact, research has shown that a negative attitude has a huge impact on the brain and your ability to problem solve and make decisive decisions. If you find yourself unable to come up with solutions to your problems, then your negativity may be the issue.
Your Feelings Are Impacted By Your Thoughts And Beliefs
Fortunately, you have control over how you feel in this life. The way you think, talk, and relate to the world has a huge impact over your feelings, and you can change those things to help create a happier and more productive life.
A few simple things you can do is:
1. Stop Complaining: Give yourself the challenge of going complaint free for a while. You may think negative thoughts still, but when you don’t give those thoughts power by verbalizing them, you will find that you feel much better about life.
2. Surround Yourself With Positive People: It’s not enough to stop complaining if you have a bunch of complainers in your life. The people you surround yourself with have a huge impact on the way you feel, and if they are negative, then it is going to be hard to feel anything but negativity.
Therefore, distance yourself from complainers (or at least ask them to stop complaining when they’re around you) and find more people who are positive to surround yourself with.
3. Do Things That Make You Happy: Stop doing things that make you miserable. Choose to do things that make you feel good about yourself and your life.
4. Gain New Perspective: You can’t always stop doing things that make you unhappy. For instance, if you hate your job, you are going to have to work there until you find something better. However, you can choose to look at things in a different light. For instance, instead of saying, “I hate my job,” say, “At least I have a job!”
Other recommended reading:
- Natural Ways To Snap Out Of Feeling Down
- Adults Are Capable Of Abusive Bullying Too
- How To Use Painful Past And Mistakes To Guide Us For A Better Life?
- Keeping A Distance From Drama And Negativity Is A Smart Decision
- What Does “Think Positive” Really Mean?
photo credit: Abd allah Foteih
Image already added
5 Ways To Use Visualization To Unlock Your Ultimate Potential…