I thought I knew everything about grief, but this article created a paradigm shift and brought me into a whole new perspective.
1. You will find comfort in the most unexpected places.
2. Sudden bursts of emotion are part of the process. Allow yourself to be fully present in them.
3. There is no such thing as normal when it comes to grieving. Be patient and kind to yourself.
4. People will show you who they truly are. When times are tough you will see others true colors.
5. You will never go back to being your “old” self.
6. Losing a loved one reminds us of what matters most in life. Don’t lose perspective.
7. Experiencing great loss is an opportunity to drop the ego and live more from your heart.
8. Numbing the pain will make it worse. don’t procrastinate the process. Feel your feelings.
9. Your life was richer and more wonderful because of the love you had.
10. What feels like the end is often a new beginning.