Happiness is really a remarkable thing. When you are happy everyone shines under a much more brilliant light. Happiness makes you feel good inside and is the basis for a satisfying and meaningful life. Unfortunately, there can be many times in life when setbacks and difficulties appear.
During these difficult times, having a couple of truly inspirational quotes about happiness at your fingertips can really lift your spirits and improve your day. For this reason here you are presented with a collection of some of the most inspiring words about love and happiness and many of which are nice and short, making them easy to digest.
Also, we all have desires and passions and many of us know that it is almost impossible to fulfill each one of those desires. In fact, once you have fulfilled something you longed for, many others will immediately take its place.
The big problem here is that passions and unsatisfied well-meaning desires can significantly reduce our happiness. Therefore the person who has learned to become a master of passions and desires is very likely to be truly happy and have a full life.
Let’s start with these fabulous short inspiring quotes about happiness and joy
1. “The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence, but in the domain of his passions.”
Alfred Lord Tennyson
2. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you like what you are doing, you will succeed. ”
It is really important that you really love what you are doing. This will help you make an extra effort when necessary and allow you to reach your peak performance point. If you really love what you do, you will not only be happy but you will also succeed.
3. “Remember that the happiest people are not those who received more, but those who give more.” – H. Jackson Brown
The first necessary step to happiness is to stop wanting so many things. This will help you greatly to feel more happy with what you have and will allow you to avoid the frustration of not getting all the material desires that you have throughout life. The second step is to realize that a large part of happiness is in giving unconditionally. In fact, helping others will further strengthen your happiness.
4. “We tend to forget that happiness does not come as a result of getting something we do not have, but of recognizing and appreciating what we have.” – Frederick Keonig
Cultivating gratitude for what you have is an important milestone for happiness. This will help you realize how wonderful your life is as it is at this moment which will greatly increase your happiness.
5. “From time to time, it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” – Guillaume Apollinaire
Millions of people make great sacrifices every day in order to seek happiness. In your case, happiness is far in the future and you believe that you can only feel it once you have fulfilled certain material desires. This approach deprives you greatly of your joy and happiness in the present moment.
6. “What we call the secret of happiness is no secret other than our will to choose life.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “The art of being happy is in the power to extract happiness from common things.” – Henry Ward Beecher
In most cases, it is erroneously assumed that only the great things in life can truly make us feel happy. But once we have the ability to find happiness in the small things we will finally be learning to master the art of happiness.
8. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to stop worrying about things that are beyond the power of our will.” – Epitect
Not everything that bothers you can be changed. For this reason, it is very important to learn to think differently about these things. You must not allow things that can not be changed to reduce your happiness. Instead, try to put aside what is out of your control.
9. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but we often look so close to the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
We can not prevent certain doors from closing and never opening again. However, wasting our time in front of these doors complaining about the fact that they have closed will not take you anywhere, this prevents you from seeing the new opportunities that are being presented to you in your life.
10. “Action cannot always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. ” – Benjamin Disraeli
Not all your actions will manifest happiness in your life but if you do not do something actively to seek your happiness it is unlikely that you will follow a positive change in your life.
11. “If you want to make a man happy, do not give him riches, but stay away from his desires.” – Epicurus
Desires can be a significant source of frustration. This is the case when many of our unlimited desires are not fulfilled. Therefore, happiness does not depend on the wealth you have. It greatly depends on the ability to do the best with what we have and reducing the number of wishes we have.
12 “The reason that people find it so difficult to be happy, is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
It is very important to understand that we have a natural tendency to overestimate the importance of the past. Doing this makes the present seem much worse than it actually is and the future even less attractive. Instead of clinging to the past, try to improve the present moment.
13. “If you get carried away easily by self-satisfaction, you may have a very cheap and unreliable source of happiness.” – Leon Kass
True happiness does not come from acquiring more and more. Instead, it is the result of being happy with what you already have.
14. “It’s not what you have, or what you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It’s what you think about. ” – Dale Carnegie
The way of thinking has a big bearing on your happiness. Something to remember is that always will you find two ways of thinking about the things that happen to you in life. One is to consider all the negative that occurs as a great punishment. The other way is to consider the struggles and difficulties as important challenges that help you grow as a person and be stronger.
15. “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sydney J. Harris
Many people try to reach the destination called happiness. What they do not realize is that happiness is not a destination, it is a journey. So enjoy the trip and try to get the happiness of traveling on this road.
16. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness. ” – Buddha
Not sticking to material things or people can greatly influence when it comes to learning to increase our own happiness.
17. “This should be the way to measure success for everyone. It is not money, it is not fame, it is not being celebratory; My success rate is happiness. ” – Lupe Fiasco
Money, fame, and fortune, or power do not necessarily ensure happiness. So a better way to measure a person’s success is that their happiness as an individual should definitely be considered. There are many people who have little or nothing but are able to live a happy life and still be grateful. However, there are many who at the same time have great levels of wealth but who are not able to obtain happiness from it.
18. “The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts: therefore, take care of it cautiously and try not to entertain improper notions of virtue and reasonable nature.” – Marco Aurelio
Your thoughts shape all of your reality. Your way of thinking has a major impact on your life. In many cases what is happening to you at a particular moment is not so important. The important thing is the thoughts you have and how you respond to it. With this philosophy in mind, you can always choose to accept defeats or fight against them to transform them into something better.
19. “Do not trust someone else to get your happiness and self-esteem. Only you can be responsible for it. If you can not love yourself and respect yourself, no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are completely – be it good or bad – and make the changes that are necessary but not because someone else wants you to be different. ” – Stacey Charter
No one else is responsible for your happiness. No one else can significantly increase your long-term happiness if you do not want it. This may sound hard at first but this allows you to take responsibility for trying to live a happy life.
20. “Happiness must be cultivated. It’s like a character. It is not something that can be left prudently for a moment or it will become a weed. ” – Elizabeth Stuart Phelps
Happiness is like a muscle: if it is not exercised it atrophies.
21. “It’s not how much we have, it’s how much we enjoy what happiness does.” – Charles Spurgeon
Many of us mistakenly assume that only by acquiring material wealth will we be happy. This, however, is not necessarily true, there are many examples of celebrities with depression problems. Instead of making your happiness depend on material goods, try to be happy right now.
22. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand
This is another remarkable quote about happiness and it is very true.
23. “If you want to be happy, be happy.” – Leo Tolstoy
Happiness is definitely an option. If you do not decide to be happy, anything that happens in life will always have a negative impact on your happiness.
24. “Happiness mainly includes the idea of satisfaction after a full and honest effort. Nobody can be satisfied and nobody can be happy if he feels that in some fundamental matters he failed to take on the challenge of life. ” – Arnold Bennett
Of all the phrases of happiness, this one is particularly one of the most remarkable.
25. “In my experience, you can almost always enjoy things when you say strongly in your mind that you will.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
Being happy is not so much about what happens to you in life. It’s about finding ways to be happy despite what happens to you.
26. “I am determined to be happy and happy in any situation where you can find me. Because I have learned that most of our misery and unhappiness is not determined by our circumstances, but by our disposition. ” – Martha Washington
27. “If your happiness depends on what others do, I guess you’ll be in trouble.” – Richard Bach
28. “Happiness is achieved when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
29. “A lot of people lose part of their own happiness, not because they never found it, but because they did not stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
30. “Every morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose what it will be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow has not arrived yet. I have only one day, today, and I will be happy in it. ” – Groucho Marx
31. “Happiness is not something made. It comes from your own actions. ” – Dalai Lama
32. “Happiness is the absence of the aspiration to happiness.” – Zhuangzi
33. “It is not riches or splendor, but tranquility and work, that provide happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
34. “We started from the recognition that all beings appreciate happiness and do not want to suffer. Then it becomes morally wrong and pragmatically imprudent to seek only our own happiness, alien to the feelings and aspirations of all the others that surround us as members of the same human family. The most prudent course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness. ” – Dalai Lama
35. “The satisfaction of one’s curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life.” – Linus Pauling
36. “Happiness can not be traveled, it can not be possessed, won, used or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. ” – Denis Waitley
37. “True happiness comes from the joy of a job well done or the ability to create new things.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
38. “Optimism is a magnet for happiness. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be attracted to you. ” – Mary Lou Retton
39. “Everyone pursues happiness, without realizing that happiness is on their heels.” – Bertolt Brecht
40. “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you will not have to pursue happiness.” – William E. Gladstone
41. “Happiness can only be found if you get rid of all other distractions.” – Saul Bellow
42. “Happiness in this world, when it comes, comes incidentally. Make it the object of your search and it will lead you to impossible persecution, and you will never reach it. If we follow some other object, very possibly we will realize that we have seized happiness without having dreamed it. ” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
43. “Happiness is not a goal; it’s a by-product. ” – Eleanor Roosevelt
44. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. ” – Dalai Lama
45. “Never allow a dichotomy to govern your life, a dichotomy in which you hate what you do in order to have pleasure in your free time. Find a situation where your work gives you as much happiness as your free time. ” – Pablo Picasso
46. “Happiness often sneaks in through a door that you did not know you left open.” – John Barrymore
47. “Happiness is the only good. Now is the time to be happy. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others happy. ” – Robert Green Ingersoll
48. “Happiness depends on ourselves.” – Aristotle
49. “To be able to leave everything behind a moment, to be able to sacrifice years for the smile of a woman. That is happiness. ” – Hermann Hesse
50. “In 20 years you will be more disappointed by the things you did not do than by the things you did. So let loose moorings, sail away from safe harbors, take the trade winds. Explore It sounds. Discover.” – Mark Twain
51. “Happy is the man who has broken the chains that hurt his mind, has once and for all abandoned the worry.” – Ovid
52. “Since you get more joy in giving joy to others, you should put a good amount of thought into the happiness that you are capable of giving.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
53. “Happiness depends on self-discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness. It is much easier to make a battle with society and with others than to fight against our own nature. ” – Dennis Prager
54. “I know the joy of the fish in the river through my own joy, while I walk along the same river …” – Zhuangzi
55. “I was always a rich person because money is not related to happiness.” – Paulo Coelho
56. “Happiness is that state of consciousness that comes from the achievement of one’s values.” – Ayn Rand
57. “I have discovered that most people are so happy when they prepare their minds to be so.” – Abraham Lincoln
58. “Some people cause happiness wherever they go; others every time they leave. ” – Oscar Wilde
59. “I’m a kind of paranoid in reverse. I suspect that people conspire to make me happy. ” – J.D. Salinger
60. “Very little is needed to have a happy life; It’s all inside you, in your way of thinking. ” – Marco Aurelio
61. “The real way to obtain happiness is to make others happy.” – Robert Baden-Powell
62. “The achievement of happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and this happiness, not the pain or the stupid complacency, is the proof of your moral integrity since it is the proof and the result of your fidelity in attaining your values. ” – Ayn Rand
63. “Everything has its wonders, even darkness, and silence, and I learn, whatever my current situation, to be happy.” – Helen Keller
64. “If you wait for the perfect moment, when everything is safe and secure, it may never come. The mountains will not be climbed, nor the races won nor will lasting happiness be achieved. ” – Maurice Chevalier
65. “Happiness does not reside in possessions or in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.” – Democritus
66. “There is no medicine that heals what does not cure happiness.” – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
67. “The happiest man in the world is one who knows how to recognize the merits of others and can rejoice in the good of others as if it were their own.” – Goethe
68. “Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it. ” – Bernard Meltzer
69. “Happiness can only exist in acceptance.” – George Orwell
30 phrases about love
Few experiences in life are as rewarding as love. Spending great moments in a relationship and sharing the rest of our lives with the person we love is what we all want in this life.
Showing love is important for the relationship to feel loved and to let our partner know that we still feel have that wonderful feeling that it is to love.
1. No matter what happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you.
This is a quote that appears in the book “Defiance”, by author C.J. Redwine
2. It’s one thing to fall in love. It’s another to feel someone else fall in love with you and to feel a responsibility towards that love
Another phrase extracted from the book “Every day,” by the writer David Levithan.
3. I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you
4. And in her smile, I see something more beautiful than the stars
A phrase by Beth Revis, which appears in her work “Across the Universe.”
5. The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves
A beautiful phrase by Victor Hugo about love that will invite you to reflect.
6. I love you the way to drowning man loves air. And it would destroy me to have you just a little
Rae Carson gives us this beautiful quote about love. Surely we have all felt this way some time.
7. And remember, as it was written, to love another person to see the face of God
Loving someone and that they love us is the most rewarding feeling that human beings can feel.
8. You’re incredible. I’ve been looking for you all my life.
What a beautiful experience when you find that person you feel you wanted to be with.
9. Good morning to love, you’re the best thing in this life
A phrase to tell your partner just when he wakes up.
10. I am very indecisive and always have trouble picking my favorite anything. But, without a doubt, you are my favorite everything
When you want someone with all your soul, it’s easy to decide.
11. I still fall in love with you every day!
Nice words that exemplify what it is to be in love.
12. The sun is up, the sky is blue, today is beautiful and so are you
A few words about love that carry a rhyme included. Without a doubt, a beautiful romantic phrase.
13. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever
The most incredible love is that which penetrates your body and mind and envelops you.
14. I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes
A look is worth a thousand words. Especially when there is a great emotional connection.
15. I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed.
A romantic phrase that can be found in “Beautiful Disaster”, text by Jamie McGuire.
16. I love you. Remember I’ll always love you
When you want someone with all your soul, you remember forever.
17. I want everyone to meet you. You’re my favorite person of all time
When we fall in love with someone, they do not like being seen with that person.
18. I am catastrophically in love with you.
A phrase with a touch of irony that can be found in “Clockwork Princess”, a work by Cassandra Clare.
19. Love is so short, forgetting is so long
The great Pablo Neruda gives us this beautiful pearl translated into English.
20. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally
True love is not sought, it appears accidentally.
21. Together, with you, is my favorite place to be
How to be with you, nowhere. Nothing can give you what that special person gives you.
22. We are shaped those we love
The people we love influence us in such a way that they can change our way of thinking and behaving.
23. When love is not madness it is not love
The person you fall in love with makes you feel magic, makes you go crazy.
24. You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love I love you
It is that authentic love is hypnotizing. Nobody else makes you feel that way.
25. All of me loves all of you
We must give ourselves fully to love. Feel with everything.
26. Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused
Love cannot be controlled. It is a too intense sensation.
27. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love
Few words say so much and express the same as the term love.
28. The greatest thing you’ll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return
The goal of every human being is to find his soul mate.
29. I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, have a good day, or sleep well what I am really saying is I love you.
When you love from the soul, you want all the best for that person you love.
30. I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear
What was your favorite phrase about happiness or love?
Happiness is a state of mind that comes from one’s own thoughts.Remember whether you are a college student, parent, or grandparent, these inspiring quotes can help your state of mind. Anything that encourages positive feelings of love, optimism…Even funny feelings that put you in a happy state of mind can help.
I hope these phrases have inspired you to let your happiness shine within you.
We hope you enjoyed these happiness and love phrases. Do not forget to share them with your friends and family.