5. Stop seeking others for approval.
We reiterate this a lot on our website, but that’s only because approval-seeking behavior exists almost everywhere today. Most of us fall victim to it from time to time, but we can easily put an end to it by putting more worth in our own ideas and opinions than those of other people.
6. When you face rejection, do something positive immediately after.
Anytime you encounter rejection, put a positive spin on it by boosting your self-esteem. Go hang out with friends and family who love you, practice positive affirmations, or go out and play in nature; just do something to make your mind associate rejection with a more positive experience.
7. Stop thinking of the worst-case scenario.
Our mind loves to come up with solutions to any and all problems, even if they don’t exist yet in the real world. However, you can take control of your mind by living in the here and now, and attracting more positive experiences into your life by first putting them into your head.
8. Realize that certain people or events just aren’t meant to be part of your journey.
Not everyone has a place in your spiritual journey here on Earth; the girl you have a crush on might just not be right for you, or not right now, anyway.
9. Work on loving yourself more.
Fear of rejection stems from a need for assurance and acceptance; if you don’t feel secure with yourself, you will always go to the next option – seeking it from others.
10. Start thinking of what you DO want, not what you don’t want.
Instead of focusing on everything that might go wrong, focus on what can go RIGHT.