We are constantly growing and changing, and so is the world around us. We aren’t the same people we were a year, a month or even a week ago. The more we grow older and wiser, the more we discover more about who we are and what we want out of this life.
We then realize that there are deliberate changes we need to make to keep up with the changes within and around us.
This can be anything from routines or habits that no longer align with our values, lifestyles that no longer fit us, painful memories of losing a loved one, to toxic relationships that deep down we know aren’t good for us. Yet many of us find holding onto the familiar present or dwelling into the past much more comforting that stepping into the unknown.
What we may not realize is that we only have one life to live, so the more we hold onto our comfort zone, the more we waste several opportunities for personal growth and discovering our full potential.
And if you’re waiting for the right time to release all those things that are holding you back, know that there’s no such thing as a perfect time to make positive changes in your life. There’s no better time than right now to make a conscious decision to let go of all the negative influences in your life, so you can start enjoying life much more.
Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy, so don’t expect that journey to be easy either. It’s okay if you feel sad when releasing certain people, hurtful memories, or even physical stuff that you no longer need in your life.
Take as much time as you want to grieve, but tell yourself that you’re moving into a newer and better life by doing so. It’s only a matter of time before you look back and realize that it was the best decision you ever made.
Here are a few useful tips to help you let go of any unhealthy attachment that is holding you back right now:
Accept The Truth And Be Grateful For What You Have
Letting go is all about appreciating all the experiences that made you cry, laugh and made you learn and grow. It’s about accepting everything you once had, everything you have now, embracing the changes in your life and taking positive steps to move forward.
Stop Worrying About Things You Can’t Change
Not everything in this life is meant to be perfectly understood, so don’t waste your energy and time worrying about things you can’t change. If you don’t like something and you can’t change it, change how you think about it.
Take Full Control and Ownership Of Your Life
You and only you are responsible for your life and happiness. No matter how painful your past or present experiences may have been, you can still let go and move forward to a better life. You’re in total control of your life provided that you claim it and own it.
Here are 10 letting go quotes that are worth reading:
Letting Go Quotes
1. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.”
– Ann Landers
2. “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. […] It will be a permanent Self, rooted in awareness and creativity. Once you have captured this, you have captured the world.”
– Deepak Chopra
3. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.”
– Daphne Rose Kingma
4. “Everybody’s got a past. The past does not equal the future unless you live there.”
– Tony Robbins
5. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
– Steve Maraboli
6. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.”
– Alyson Noel
7. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.”
– Jack Kornfield
8. “Let go of your attachment to being right, and suddenly your mind is more open.”
– Ralph Marston
9. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is awaiting for us.”
– Joseph Campbell
10. “Without freedom from the past, there is no freedom at all.”